Sunday 4 December 2016

Success criteria for presentations

Starting at the end of this week and continuing for the next 2 periods the students will be doing a presentation about what they have learnt in social studies so far. Please refer to the success criteria to ensure that your child knows exactly what is expected of them for the presentation. I will also hand out the success criteria  to each student and I will give them the date that they will be presenting. Please do not hesitate to call me to ask me any questions regarding this. 
Mme. Sewell 


Grade 3
We are moving to one of the region in Ontario!

In social studies we have been talking about the different regions within Ontario. We have spoken about what the landforms look like and how the temperature differs. Recently, we have been discussing how the different regions affect what types of jobs you would be able to acquire depending on where you live (ex. Mining in the Canadian shield). As a mini assignment your child is asked to bring in 3 items that would be useful within a region if they were planning on moving to that region. They can choose their region (Canadian Shield= Bouclier Canadian, Hudson Bay lowlands= les basses terres de la Baie d’Hudson, the great lakes and St. Lawrence lowlands= les basses terres des grands lacs et du Saint-Laurent).  Your child will be asked to show the items one by one and then the class will guess which region they chose.

Success criteria:
  • I will bring in 3 items that represent a region of Ontario.
  • One the items will be related to a job that is influenced by the land in that region.
  • Once the class decides which region I chose to describe, I will describe why the items are related to that area.
  • In my description of that area I will include the importance of temperature.
  • In my description I will include a landform (i.e. Dans le Bouclier Canadian il y a beaucoup de roches.)
  • In my description I will include ONE of the municipalities and ONE city in that region.  


Grade 2
We are moving to another country!
In social studies we have been talking about the different countries around the World.  We have spoken about how the temperature differs, there are different continents and the cardinal directions. As a mini assignment your child is asked to bring in 3 items that would be useful to bring with them if they were moving to a different country (of their choice).  Your child will be asked to show the items one by one and then the class will guess which country they chose.

Success criteria:
  • I will bring in 3 items that represent a country of my choice.
  • One the items will be related to the temperature of the country.
  • Once the class decides which country I chose to describe, I will describe why the items are related to that area.
  • In my description of that country I will include which continent it is from.
  • In my description I will include a cardinal direction.
  • In my description I will include one city that is in that country.  

I will hand out the date that your child will present and they should bring in these items. I will place them in a bag for them to show them one at a time in order to make it a guessing game for the rest of the students.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.